Use of Paver Blocks
Paving blocks can be used in a variety of ways. Some of them are mentioned below –
- Paver block in Kolkata can be used in areas like footpaths, malls, building premises, landscapes, railway stations, Factory, Industrial complexes e.t.c
- Paver designs are available in various shapes, sizes and designs .
- It can be also used in city streets, service stations, and intersections on low-volume roads.
- They can also be used in bus terminals, airport pavement, mining areas, and factory floors.
- Paving blocks are also used to add beauty and color to a garden.
Types Of Paver Blocks
Paver Blocks are mainly categorized into two types-
- Concrete Paver Block - These blocks have a smooth surface on one side and a rough surface on the other side. They are made from concrete, which is a mixture of cement, sand, and other materials. These paving blocks are best used for driveway or walkway applications. Because they can withstand extreme wear and tear over time. They are also durable enough to be used for parking lots or driveways. The concrete block paving is suitable for heavy-duty applications and to support heavy loads. The concrete paver blocks come in various colors that are made with metallic oxides. But you must choose the colors of these cement concrete paver blocks carefully as the colors may fade away with the passing of time.
- Clay Paving Blocks - Clay Paving Blocks are made from 100% clay, which is then layered with a special polymer to make them durable. This means they can be used in many different ways, including as a base for a new walkway or driveway, or even as the main component of a retaining wall. The best thing about clay paving blocks is these blocks can be used from both sides. This kind of paver block comes in a natural way which reduces the chances of its color fading in the blocks. The advantage of using clay paving blocks is that they are cheaper than other forms of road surfacing. They are also more flexible and easy to work with, which means that they can be laid in almost any environment.
Shapes of Paver Blocks
Four different types of paver shapes are listed below-
Type A – These blocks have a smooth and vertical faces which do not get interlocked into each other.
Type B – The type B blocks are interlocking paving blocks that have an alternate plain face and curved edges which can be paved in a defined pattern.
Type C – The type C paver blocks have faces with curved edges on all sides that get locked into each other and can be paved in any pattern.
Type D – The type D paving blocks have all faces curved that get locked into each other with all its vertical faces when paved in any pattern.